What to do when videos aren't loading or playback isn't smooth on Virtuoso.
If your internet is being slow and you are worried about loading our video courses then fear not, our player automatically places you onto the correct resolution. This should allow you to watch without waiting for the video to buffer. The player will upscale you again to a higher quality when your internet speeds up. Try moving closer to your WiFi router or even plugging in directly to the router using an ethernet cable to get your maximum speed. Check out our Virtuoso article on internet speeds.
Here are some other helpful tips to troubleshoot your internet connection:
- Visit fast.com and check your internet speed. We recommend 20mbps download for the best experience.
- Check the number of devices and people connected to your network and if there might be a problem with the line.
- Try playing a video on YouTube or Vimeo and see if you can watch video content there.
- Try a different browser. We recommend Chrome, but sometimes extensions can interfere with the player. Try running in Incognito. If that fails, try another internet browser.
- If your videos are still not loading, please get in touch and try to give us as much information as possible so we can help you to get sorted.
Here are some helpful tips on improving your internet connection:
- Turn things off and on again.
- Move your router to a better location.
- Adjust your router’s antennas.
- Make sure you’re on the right frequency band.
- Prune unnecessary connections.
- Change your Wi-Fi frequency channel.
- Update your router’s firmware.
- Replace your equipment.
- Extend your Wi-Fi network.
- Upgrade to faster internet.